Methods and Models of Biblical Counseling (MMBC)
"Training and Equipping Leaders"
This is an intermediate course, focusing on a deeper understanding of relationships and looking
at how to strengthen our true self and eliminating what blocks us from developing a healthy Christian identity. It
introduces different counseling models and tools to fight dysfunctional
lifestyles and false beliefs.
Would you like to disciple and strengthen others and be better equipped to come alongside those who are broken in some areas of their life? This school will challenge you in how you see God, yourself and others and equip you with tools and insights of how to develop the full potential of what God has put in each one of us. You will be challenged to develop and practice your personal integrated counseling approach
22.09.2013 - 28.03.2014
12 weeks lecture phase + 12 weeks outreach
|Course Number:||CNH 315 / 316|
|Lecture Phase Fee:||3'690 Swiss Francs (incl. tuition, room and board)
+ 200.- max. for books, materials, etc.
|Outreach Fee:||2'500 - 3'500 Swiss Francs plus airfare (depending on location)
A Discipleship Training school (DTS) or Cross-Roads DTS with fiel assignement
An Foundations for Counseling Ministry School (FCM) and the completed field assignment. (formerly: IBC)
The subsequent field assignment phase is required for all students working toward a degree in the College of Counseling and Health Care.
For whom is this school?
This intensive course is designed for those who are or plan to be involved in some kind of counseling ministry and have demonstrated a basic ability and understanding in the area of counseling.
The course has a threefold purpose:
- To build upon and increase ones understanding of counseling and its Biblical foundation.
- To teach and enhance counseling skills.
- To foster personal development of character qualities neccessary for a Christian counselor.
The program also includes the following components :
- Understanding and applying the work of the Cross and the work of the Holy Spirit in counseling.
- Models for the integration of Biblical truth with psychological truth.
- Diagnosis of barriers to spiritual and emotional growth and maturity, as well as models for ministry into these barriers.
- Developing your own Biblical world view for counseling.
- The Biblical basis for our sexual identity and ministering to a deficit in this area.
- Qualifications of the Biblical counselor.
- Models of different counseling styles and methods.
- Practice in using and teaching counseling skills.
- Instruction and practice in group skills.
(If you would like to attend a week as a guest listener, please find details here under 'Open Weeks' and "contact us")
Speaker Schedule MMBC
|23-25 Sept||school staff||Orientation|
|25-27 Sept||Yves Jaques||Listening, Reflecting, Confronting in Counseling|
|30 Sept - 4 Oct||Dr. Melvin Hanna||Spiritual Friendship Counseling Model|
|7 - 11 Oct
||Dr. Melvin Hanna||Christianity meets Psychotherapy|
|14 - 18 Oct||Dr. Bruce Thompson||Plumbline Plus|
|21 - 22 Oct||TBA||"Once upon a time ..."|
|23 - 25 Oct||TBA||Debriefing & Trauma Work|
|28 Oct - 1 Nov||Charlotte Yates||Art Therapy|
|4 - 8 Nov||Jim Isom||Co-dependance in Family Systems|
|11 - 15 Nov||Michael Sytsma, Ph.D.||Counseling Couples with Sexual Problems|
|18 - 27 Nov||Gino & Cesli Vaccaro, Sarah Groen-Colyn||The Healing Presence|
|28 - 29 Nov||TBA||Expressing your Heart through your Body|
|2 - 6 Dec||Paolo & Paola Bigoni||Generational Iniquities and Generational Blessings|
|9 - 13 Dec||staff||Final Exam Presentation & Evaluation|